Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 20 & 21: Denali is Beautiful


Our tour yesterday was amazing! The landscape here is beautiful, and we were able to see moose, caribou, a grizzly bear, tiny Dall sheep way up on the mountain sides, ptarmigans, a bazillion snowshoe hares, and a little red fox family with two adorable kits. We left camp at 3 pm and were out until almost midnight and traveled almost 54 miles into Denali National Park. I want to go out there every single day! I wish I had a better camera, one with many many more megapixels and a better zoom and one that will make every single picture I take come out National Geographic style. I love it here, and need to find out some way to make a trip up every week.... I'll have to start playing the lottery.

Needless to say, we slept in this morning. Last night when we got into camp it was only dusky; hardly dark at all. When I woke up at 4 A.M. (only God know why), it was already light out. I can't imagine what it is like on the flip side of the year with only a few hours a day of sunlight.

We have no plans today other than to shower, e-mail everyone and enjoy the day. I'm very very sad that we're leaving tomorrow.

No comments: