Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 12: Downtown

All of us, except Uncle Mike, went downtown today and did some window shopping. We ate lunch at a good Mexican place called El Sombrero (I think) and got dessert at the Alaskan Fudge Company, which we will have to visit again before we leave. We walked down by the cruise ships and I can't believe they're so big! I can't imagine seven of them docked here all at the same time!

When we got home, we all pitched in to get the house ready for Aunt Michelle's arrival. I must be a little home sick since I enjoyed cleaning so much! I'm secretly glad that Aunt Tami let us help clean, because it made me feel more at home and less of a "guest". Not sure if that'll come across the way I want it to, but trust me, it was a good thing!

Uncle Mike took the boy and us girls out to dinner, then we took Maggie for a walk out at the glacier. Alex and Ivan are so lucky they get to see this stuff everyday, although I'm sure they don't think so yet. Maybe when they make their great road trip they'll realize it.

No comments: