Friday, July 4, 2008

Day 13: Fireworks

I'm surprised I'm up so early today. Sarah and I had a long day yesterday, but it was a lot of fun. We walked through the State Museum then had lunch at a Japanese place around the corner. After lunch we walked downtown and shopped for several hours. In one of the little galleries we found some Holly Yashi jewelry, which is a local Arcata company. The world just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

When we got back Aunt Michelle and little Henry had already arrived. I think Henry may get the Cutest-4-Year-Old-I've-Ever-Met award, but I'm not sure. Christina, Sarah and I stayed up until midnight and went down to the docks to watch the fireworks. While someone did strip down and jump naked off the dock into the water, Christina said it wasn't nearly as rowdy as it had been in years past. The fireworks were awesome, and Christina was great company. I wish we lived closer so we could hang out more often.

In a little bit we're off to see the 4th of July parade. Should be lots of fun.

No comments: